Medefer is an innovative CQC registered virtual healthcare provider that aims to transform the way that healthcare is delivered by enabling healthcare systems to provide patients with the best healthcare experience - timely, efficient and effective.
Founded by Consultants and GPs working in the NHS, our culture is driven by a deeply held commitment to the NHS and delivering transformational change to the patient experience. We are a passionate, dedicated and patient-focused team striving to make healthcare fit for the 21st century. Our vision is to completely re-frame the way that healthcare is delivered.
Unlike other virtual healthcare solutions, Medefer’s Virtual Outpatient Service enables the best possible care through the entire patient pathway from referral to discharge. Our unique software platform can effectively handle the majority of patients from referral through triage to investigation, diagnosis and discharge, without the need for physical outpatient appointments.
Following a successful funding round Medefer is enjoying a period of rapid growth as it responds to the challenges facing the NHS.
AT MEDEFER WE BELIEVE THAT EVERY NHS PATIENT DESERVES THE BEST POSSIBLE HEALTHCARE.
We are ready to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive Patient Care Team Leader to join our dynamic and hardworking team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with managing and developing the delivery of a five-star service to patients and stakeholders, ensuring that our patients experience of our pathway is the best it can be and that service level agreements and individual KPIs are delivered, whilst providing line management duties to our team of Patient Care Co-ordinators.
- Re-designing virtual hospital pathways and communications with implementation and business improvement functions
- Providing effective leadership, management and ongoing coaching to our team of Patient Support Coordinators
- Being the first point of call for all service desk issues
- Owning service desk SLAs and KPIs, including analysing data and reporting to managers
- Allocating tasks along with the Patient Care manager to ensure sufficient coverage
- Taking ownership of ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service and meeting SLAs
- Undertaking regular audits to assess quality and performance in line with individually set KPIs
- Troubleshooting and investigating issues, for example, ensuring that coordinators are following set processes
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders regarding the progress of patients and the status of different elements of the outpatient service
- Reviewing standard operating procedures, proposing any necessary changes and updates, and ensuring they are followed
- Working with the team to resolve complaints, minimise risk, implement learning, and monitor the service to improve the efficacy and value of the service
- Creating, maintaining and delivering service-specific training and documentation
- 2 years+ Customer Service experience within a Healthcare or HealthTech environment
- Previous experience of working in a start-up business
- Exposure to working with customer service tools such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, etc.
- Natural leadership potential with regards to being empathetic and providing a positive, coaching-focused style of management
- Have the ability to manage competing tasks, priorities, and deadlines effectively
- Impeccable written and spoken English
- Be self-motivated, resilient, independent and driven to improve how things work by proactively seeking out solutions to any challenges which arise
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, varied and changing environment
- A keen interest in technology
- Equity options.
- Company pension.
- At Medefer we are huge advocates of professional growth & want to support you with this by offering everyone a £500 annual learning & development budget.
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Access to Perkbox (employee benefits platform), which includes free online workout classes, discounted gym memberships, cinema vouchers, restaurant and shopping discounts, etc.
- A supportive, collaborative & inclusive culture, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of intelligent, driven & compassionate people who care deeply about transforming the way healthcare is delivered.
- Paid parental leave.
- Exciting opportunities for career progression.
- You must have the right to work in the UK. A DBS check will be required at the start of the role.
- This will be a fully remote working position so we're able to consider candidates who are based across the UK.