Medefer is an innovative CQC registered virtual healthcare provider that aims to transform the way that healthcare is delivered by enabling healthcare systems to provide patients with the best healthcare experience - timely, efficient and effective.
Founded by Consultants and GPs working in the NHS, our culture is driven by a deeply held commitment to the NHS and delivering transformational change to the patient experience. We are a passionate, dedicated and patient-focused team striving to make healthcare fit for the 21st century. Our vision is to completely re-frame the way that healthcare is delivered.
Unlike other virtual healthcare solutions, Medefer’s Virtual Outpatient Service enables the best possible care through the entire patient pathway from referral to discharge. Our unique software platform can effectively handle the majority of patients from referral through triage to investigation, diagnosis and discharge, without the need for physical outpatient appointments.
Following a successful funding round Medefer is enjoying a period of rapid growth as it responds to the challenges facing the NHS.
AT MEDEFER WE BELIEVE THAT EVERY NHS PATIENT DESERVES THE BEST POSSIBLE HEALTHCARE.
We are ready to recruit our next intake of enthusiastic and empathetic Process Champion Co-ordinators to join our dynamic and hardworking team here at Medefer. Initially, this will be on a 6-month fixed term contract, with the possibility to go from temporary to permanent members of staff after such time. The successful candidates will be tasked with ensuring that our patients’ experience of our pathway is the best it can possibly be, whilst continuously looking to improve our processes.
- Providing high-quality patient experiences and prompt treatment, as part of an innovative virtual Healthcare service.
- Deliver pathway activities, including:
- Process orientated tasks
- Ingestion and tracking of new referrals
- Ordering and tracking of investigations
- Liaising with patients to book appointments
- Allocating tasks along with your team leader to ensure sufficient coverage
- Providing a responsive and 5-star service to Patients, answering queries by phone and email.
- Communicating clearly and patiently with GPs, Registrars, Consultants and Patients to troubleshoot pathway issues and escalating any complex issues to Team Leaders.
- Participating in various administrative projects.
- Keeping up to date with service and process changes, ensuring tasks are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Exceeding SLAs and KPIs to ensure patient pathways are progressing as expected.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and to adhere to the local and national Health and Safety regulations and Medefer’s Policies and Procedures.
- Undertaking appropriate training, hands-on learning, and onboarding processes.
- Building an understanding of all relevant Medefer and NHS systems to support the business.
- Be flexible in your working hours to cover team absences and busy periods.
- 1 year+ experience working in Primary or Secondary care
- 1 year+ experience working in a customer or patient-facing role
- Process driven with impeccable attention to detail
- Target driven and have the ability to manage competing tasks, priorities, and deadlines effectively
- Impeccable written and spoken English
- Be self-motivated, resilient, independent and driven to improve how things work by proactively seeking out solutions to any challenges which arise
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, varied and changing environment
- A private and confidential space to work in at home when working remotely
BENEFITS (UPON MOVING FROM A TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH MEDEFER)
- Company pension.
- 28 days annual leave plus the normal bank holidays.
- A supportive, collaborative & inclusive culture, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of intelligent, driven & compassionate people who care deeply about transforming the way healthcare is delivered.
- Exciting opportunities for career progression.
- Flexible working hours.
- Hourly rate of £14.56, NHS band 3/4 equivalent.
- This is a zero-hour contract, minimum of 5 hrs per week.
- This role may require you to work a shift pattern between 08:00am-18:00pm, Monday-Friday.
- You must have the right to work in the UK. A DBS check will be required at the start of the role.
- This will be a fully remote working position so we're able to consider candidates who are based across the UK.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS & references check.
Medefer contact details are provided for the specific purpose to support potential candidates and are not to be used to market services. The named individual has not consented to unsolicited marketing emails. ‘Direct marketing’ means the communication, by whatever means, of marketing material which is directed at individuals. Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) apply to unsolicited emails, for which the individual has not provided consent. Medefer takes the privacy of individuals very seriously and failure to abide by this notice will result in action taken.