Medefer is an innovative CQC registered virtual healthcare provider that aims to transform the way that healthcare is delivered by enabling healthcare systems to provide patients with the best healthcare experience - timely, efficient and effective.
Founded by Consultants and GPs working in the NHS, our culture is driven by a deeply held commitment to the NHS and delivering transformational change to the patient experience. We are a passionate, dedicated and patient-focused team striving to make healthcare fit for the 21st century. Our vision is to completely re-frame the way that healthcare is delivered.
Unlike other virtual healthcare solutions, Medefer’s Virtual Outpatient Service enables the best possible care through the entire patient pathway from referral to discharge. Our unique software platform can effectively handle the majority of patients from referral through triage to investigation, diagnosis and discharge, without the need for physical outpatient appointments. Following a successful funding round Medefer is enjoying a period of rapid growth as it responds to the challenges facing the NHS.
AT MEDEFER WE BELIEVE THAT EVERY NHS PATIENT DESERVES THE BEST POSSIBLE HEALTHCARE.
Clinical Administrator – £35 per hour (approx 6-10 hours per week)
Medefer is a virtual out-patient service that provides specialist out-patient care to NHS patients across the UK. We run a digital platform to manage and track patient care and management plans. We need medically qualified practitioners to help with a variety of back-office tasks when we go live with our new medical services in the near future. This is a short-term contractor role for approximately 3-6 months and would suit a junior doctor or similar.
- Quality assurance including completing the investigation forms requested by the consultants.
- Reviewing the consultant's response letters for accuracy, completeness and correct outcome selection.
- Reviewing partial results and determining if the results need to be reactivated (flagged up) or can wait until the rest of the patients' results are back.
- Completing investigations forms, to be sent manually.
- Following up on the results of investigations.
- Documenting patient information and plans of care via Medefer’s Secure IT platform.
- A private and confidential space to work in at home when working remotely
- Must be clinically qualified and GMC registered.
- Must have strong communication skills and IT literacy.
- Must be able to provide up to date documents in accordance with clinical compliance requirements.
- The opportunity to be a part of a new model of digital patient care.
- The ability to work part time, in an ad-hoc fashion, but at the same time be part of a team working to support transformation in the NHS and much needed additional capacity.
- Flexible working schedules and the ability to work from home as little or as much as you like, from a few hours a week to a few days a week.
- The opportunity for future career development, such as progressing into clinical leadership roles or training and support roles within Medefer’s network
- You must have the right to work in the UK. A DBS check will be required at the start of the role.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS & references check.
Medefer contact details are provided for the specific purpose to support potential candidates and are not to be used to market services. The named individual has not consented to unsolicited marketing emails. ‘Direct marketing’ means the communication, by whatever means, of marketing material which is directed at individuals. Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) apply to unsolicited emails, for which the individual has not provided consent. Medefer takes the privacy of individuals very seriously and failure to abide by this notice will result in action taken.