Medefer is an innovative CQC registered virtual healthcare provider that aims to transform the way that healthcare is delivered by enabling healthcare systems to provide patients with the best healthcare experience - timely, efficient, and effective.
Founded by Consultants and GPs working in the NHS, our culture is driven by a deeply held commitment to the NHS and delivering transformational change to the patient experience. We are a passionate, dedicated and patient-focused team striving to make healthcare fit for the 21st century. Our vision is to completely re-frame the way that healthcare is delivered.
Unlike other virtual healthcare solutions, Medefer’s Virtual Outpatient Service enables the best possible care through the entire patient pathway from referral to discharge. Our unique software platform can effectively handle the majority of patients from referral through triage to investigation, diagnosis and discharge, without the need for physical outpatient appointments.
Following a successful funding round Medefer is enjoying a period of rapid growth as it responds to the challenges facing the NHS
Job description – HR Business Partner, £45k-£50k
Medefer is looking for a motivated and knowledgeable individual with human resources leadership experience to help us manage the growing HR needs of our team. The department has spent the last year bringing the HR function up to speed in a rapidly growing business and has used the support of external HR professionals in this exercise. We now wish to fully embed good processes throughout the company and spend more time expanding awareness and capability across the management functions, so that our employee experience is consistent and fair, and supports the business in controlled growth and development. The People Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day people operations of the company, as well as developing the company's long term HR strategy and developing managers to ensure people development across the company.
- Design and implement a Company HR strategic plan to support the short and long term plans of the company.
- Review, simplify, codify and improve existing People Operations processes and functions to ensure Medefer always has a fully compliant HR system whilst providing high level service to the rest of the company when required.
- To be the first point of contact for managers and employees on all HR related matters including policy queries and reviews, general day to day, probation reviews, exit interviews, sickness absence and advise managers on best practice.
- Provide daily mentorship and training to managers on HR processes, policies and continuous performance management.
- Produce a manager’s handbook and keep up to date with the latest company policy and procedural changes.
- Support management to ensure a positive working culture and working environment whether that is from the office or working remotely.
- Hold managers accountable for their managerial responsibilities to ensure that all employees are given the best chance to succeed and have their voices heard.
- Ensure that Exit interviews are held for all leavers.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure end to end visibility during hiring processes ensuring authorisation for all recruitment has been obtained by hiring managers.
- Manage the company’s Visa and certificate of Sponsorship allocations.
- Managing the HR Assistant/Onboarding Assistant to support their development and overseeing that work is completed to the highest standards - Champion collaborative cross-functional relationships with Recruiting, Payroll/Accounting, Finance, other teams, and hiring managers to ensure the successful onboarding and offboarding of new employees and contingent workers.
- To ensure mandatory and statutory training needs are met, and non-compliance is dealt with as soon as it is identified.
- Overhaul and oversee the monthly 1:1 and quarterly appraisal processes and ensure that information gained from all sessions is shared appropriately across the business with learning actions followed through on.
- Develop staff benefits as the company continues to grow.
- Deliver a seamless payroll process with the finance team on a monthly basis, and supporting when issues arise with payroll, expenses, pensions etc.
- Create a Diversity and Equality programme within the company, and strive to constantly improve the company’s wellness focus.
- Manage Employee Engagement surveys alongside the People and Performance Director and ensure that actions are taken after results are analysed and that feedback is provided to the business.
- Produce reports for monthly SMT/Board meetings by collecting, analysing, and summarising data and trends.
- Creation of Medefer Social Committee alongside the HR Assistant, delivering in person and remote social events and learning opportunities which are accessible to all.
- Support the Chief of Staff to ensure Medefer is always CQC inspection ready and helping to create a positive company culture throughout the business.
- Proven previous experience in a senior People Operations/HR Manager role.
- Relevant university degree or CIPD level 5 certification upwards is essential.
- Evidence of working to very strict compliance regulations.
- Past experience in or eager to work within a fast-paced start-up environment; ability to be flexible and to adapt quickly is key.
- Good awareness of general Employment Law.
- Healthcare experience is desirable but not essential.
- Highly Organised and Efficient
- Experience of working with various HRIS.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Autonomy to work unsupervised with the ability to make quick decisions logically.
- High energy and hands on personality is absolutely necessary.
- Growth mentality essential – we are a deliberately developmental organisation and everyone in the company is expected to be a keen learner.
- A private and confidential space to work in at home when working remotely
- Company pension.
- 28 days annual leave plus the normal bank holidays.
- Private Medical Insurance after probation.
- A supportive, collaborative & inclusive culture, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of intelligent, driven & compassionate people who care deeply about transforming the way healthcare is delivered.
- Exciting opportunities for career progression.
- Flexible working hours.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS & references check.
Medefer contact details are provided for the specific purpose to support potential candidates and are not to be used to market services. The named individual has not consented to unsolicited marketing emails. ‘Direct marketing’ means the communication, by whatever means, of marketing material which is directed at individuals. Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) apply to unsolicited emails, for which the individual has not provided consent. Medefer takes the privacy of individuals very seriously and failure to abide by this notice will result in action taken.