Medefer is an innovative CQC registered virtual healthcare provider that aims to transform the way that healthcare is delivered by enabling healthcare systems to provide patients with the best healthcare experience - timely, efficient and effective.
Founded by Consultants and GPs working in the NHS, our culture is driven by a deeply held commitment to the NHS and delivering transformational change to the patient experience. We are a passionate, dedicated and patient-focused team striving to make healthcare fit for the 21st century. Our vision is to completely re-frame the way that healthcare is delivered.
Unlike other virtual healthcare solutions, Medefer’s Virtual Outpatient Service enables the best possible care through the entire patient pathway from referral to discharge. Our unique software platform can effectively handle the majority of patients from referral through triage to investigation, diagnosis and discharge, without the need for physical outpatient appointments.
Following a successful funding round Medefer is enjoying a period of rapid growth as it responds to the challenges facing the NHS.
AT MEDEFER WE BELIEVE THAT EVERY NHS PATIENT DESERVES THE BEST POSSIBLE HEALTHCARE.
We are ready to recruit our next intake of enthusiastic and empathetic Patient Care Co-ordinators to join our dynamic and hardworking team here at Medefer. Initially, this will be on a 6-month fixed term contract, with the possibility to go from temporary to permanent members of staff after such time. The successful candidates will be tasked with ensuring that our patients’ experience of our pathway is the best it can possibly be, whilst continuously looking to improve our processes.
- Providing high-quality patient experiences and prompt treatment, as part of an innovative virtual Healthcare service
- Importing and tracking new referrals, as well as ordering and tracking investigations
- Onwards referring of patients to hospital and discharging patients back to GPs
- Co-ordinating telephone consultations between doctors and patients
- Providing a responsive service within the helpdesk, answering queries by phone and email
- Communicating clearly and patiently with GPs, registrars, consultants and patients to troubleshoot pathway issues and escalating any complex issues to the Head of Operations
- Helping to create and implement new Standard Operating Procedures with the team
- Participating in various administrative projects
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and to adhere to the local and national Health and Safety regulations and Medefer’s Policies and Procedures.
- 6 months+ experience working in a Customer or Patient-facing role
- A keen and genuine interest in both Healthcare and Technology, ideally with some previous exposure to working in a HealthTech or Healthcare environment
- Prior experience of managing competing tasks, priorities, and deadlines effectively
- Ability to problem-solve varied and unstructured challenges
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to thrive and innovate in a fast-paced, varied and changing environment
- A private and confidential space to work in at home when working remotely
BENEFITS (UPON MOVING FROM A TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH MEDEFER)
- Company pension.
- At Medefer we are huge advocates of professional growth & want to support you with this by offering everyone a £500 annual learning & development budget.
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Private health insurance.
- A supportive, collaborative & inclusive culture, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of intelligent, driven & compassionate people who care deeply about transforming the way healthcare is delivered.
- Paid parental leave.
- Exciting opportunities for career progression.
- Flexible working hours.
- This is initially a 6-month fixed term contract position being offered on both a full-time and part-time basis. There may the possibility to move onto a permanent contract after such a time.
- You must have the right to work in the UK. A DBS check will be required at the start of the role.
- This will be a fully remote working position so we are able to consider candidates who are based across the UK.
- Normal working hours are typically between 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm, including an hour lunch break.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS & references check.
Medefer contact details are provided for the specific purpose to support potential candidates and are not to be used to market services. The named individual has not consented to unsolicited marketing emails. ‘Direct marketing’ means the communication, by whatever means, of marketing material which is directed at individuals. Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) apply to unsolicited emails, for which the individual has not provided consent. Medefer takes the privacy of individuals very seriously and failure to abide by this notice will result in action taken.